You can visit the Letterenhuis reading room four days a week by appointment, every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. The reading room closes between 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.
In 2022 the reading room is closed:
- Thursday 26 May
- Friday 27 May
- Thursday 21 July
- Tuesday 1 November
- Friday 11 November
- from Monday 26 December to Monday 2 Januari 2023
Reading room by appointment
- Submit your request for an appointment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org one week in advance and stating the desired date and time of your visit. You can also schedule multiple visits.
- In the same email, please state the archive material you wish to view with references from the Agrippa database. Also, if you want to view documents that you have previously viewed and that have been put aside for you in the reading room during a previous visit, please mention this.
- You will receive a confirmation email from us which will contain the number of the table where the requested material will be waiting for you.
- The public PCs and photocopier will not be available; so please bring your own laptop/camera or smartphone.
- Additional requests for archive documents on the day will not be honoured.
- Maintaining a distance from other people is and remains the norm, even when visiting the reading room. We will provide clearly visible signs to guide you.
- Hand pumps with disinfectant hand gel will be provided.
- All tables and chairs used in the reading room will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected in the morning and between the morning and afternoon shift. The same happens with the toilets.
- Archival material viewed by other users will only be put back into the warehouse after 48 hours. After this period, you will be able to consult it again.
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell.
We can try to help you with simple research questions by mail. If you state which archive documents you require (for example, based on what you find in the Agrippa database or via your notes from a previous visit), we will look at how we can provide you with some scans/copies (free of charge). Request appointment for the reading room or digital services by sending an email to email@example.com.
Do you have any other questions? Do not hesitate to contact us by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +32 3 222 93 20.